Friday, March 4, 2011

Under my Umbrella ella ella eh eh....

Fact: The word for umbrella in Amharic is jantella. In Spanish it is paraguas. In Japanese its kasa. In French its parapluie. If you would like to be as worldly as me just google "how to say umbrella in *language of choice.* "

I can honestly say I have never purchased an umbrella. For one thing: I'm not afraid of water. *One caveat to that is if my hair is done.* Because[water + fro = an even bigger fro.]
Also, I'm afraid of what my umbrella might say about me....laugh if you want but this is a serious dilemma. Being the only individual in the city of Austin without an umbrella I've been able to objectively deduce a theory. A person's umbrella reflects some fact about their personality, this fact can be better understood with analysis of color, shape, design, and logo on the umbrella.

For example:
  • If your umbrella is beige, brown or tan you stole it from your grandparents.
  • If it is clear -you are unique
  • black -you are boring
  • black with some design- you are classy
  • grey- the store ran out of other colors
  • cats (or really any animal) - you are over the age of 42
  • a landscape and or city skyline - you're a communist or an architect
  • polka-dots, ruffles, pink floral... other cutesy designs - your idol is Barbie
  • expensive looking or custom made - talk to me so I can help you spend your money wisely
  • parasol like- you drink a lot of tea
  • If there is a bird on the handle- Mary Poppins is on your top ten favorite movies list
  • An American flag- you have matching underwear
  • classic multicolor panels - you grew up in the 90's

You can e-mail me at judgemebymyumbrella@ yahoo.com for further analysis of your specific umbrella type.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean if I have a black umbrella with tiny polka dots that I am a classy Barbie?

    ReplyDelete